Advanced Modules in SOAR OsgoodePD Certificate in Adjudication 20
A joint program of the Society of Ontario Adjudicators and Regulators (SOAR) and Osgoode Professional Development – the creators of acclaimed Certificate in Adjudication for Administrative Agencies, Boards & Tribunals – the Advanced Certificate in Adjudication will take your skills to the next level. The Advanced Certificate is designed to cover in-depth the key areas that experienced tribunal adjudicators have identified as essential to their professional development.
You must complete 5 full days within 2 years to earn the Advanced Certificate. The modular design of the Certificate – a mix of mandatory and elective modules – allows you to customize your learning and take programs in the precise areas that you need to develop.
Advanced Modules for 2020
- Effective Decision Writing for Administrative Adjudicators- March 25 -> postponed to April 15, 2020
- Delivered by and for members of the administrative justice community, this powerful one-day workshop is a mix of interactive, skills and knowledge-based training. Next offering March 11, 2021
- Advanced Decision Writing - April 14, 15 -> postponed to Dec 2 and 3, 2020
- This intensive, two-day program builds on principles and skills learned in previous decision writing training programs delivered by SOAR and/or OsgoodePD. This hands-on program takes a deep dive into key areas of written judgments and will strengthen your decision-writing skills through individualized feedback on your own writing style and voice. It also provides an opportunity to engage with other experienced adjudicators and explore evolving ideas about what makes writing “great”. This course will require Pre- Progam Preparation.
- Advanced Certificate in Adjudication - September 21-25, 2020, registration open
- Effective Hearing Management - January 28-29, 2021, registration open
Certificate of Program Completion
5 days of program modules must be completed within a two year period and you must also successfully pass an in-class or online assessment in each module (format varies by program).
Space is strictly limited in each program to ensure an engaging learning experience. Delegates who have declared their intention to complete the Certificate (after completion of first module) will be given priority placement in subsequent modules.
This program is recommended for:
Graduates of the SOAR/Osgoode PD Certificate in Adjudication; OR
Those with two or more years of full time experience as an adjudicator, OR equivalent amount of experience as a part time adjudicator; OR
Senior tribunal staff, such as counsel, who work closely with adjudicators and would benefit from advanced training in adjudication.
- Victoria Watkins, Osgoode Professional Development
- Heather Gibbs, President, SOAR; Assistant Deputy Chair, Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada
- Pamela Chapman, Legal Educator and Consultant [Former Vice-Chair Ontario Labour Relations Board; Member, Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario; Labour Arbitrator & Mediator]
Location: Downtown Toronto
REGISTRATION HERE through Osgoode PD website