SOAR Osgoode PD Advanced Certificate in Adjudication 2017
A joint program of the Society of Ontario Adjudicators and Regulators (SOAR) and Osgoode Professional Development – the creators of acclaimed Certificate in Adjudication for Administrative Agencies, Boards & Tribunals – the Advanced Certificate in Adjudication will take your skills to the next level. The Advanced Certificate is designed to cover in-depth the key areas that experienced tribunal adjudicators have identified as essential to their professional development.
You must complete 5 full days within 2 years to earn the Advanced Certificate. The modular design of the Certificate – a mix of mandatory and elective modules – allows you to customize your learning and take programs in the precise areas that you need to develop.
- Advanced Decision Writing – 2 day program – April 20 and 21, 2017
- Mediation for Adjudicators– June 14 and 15, 2017
- Effective Hearing Management – October 2, 2017 ()
- Managing Evidentiary Challenges – December 4, 2017
- Advanced Administrative & Regulatory Decision Making – February 12, 2018
- Culturally Competent Adjudication & Adjudicating Human Rights Issues – April 17, 2018
- Effective Communication in the Hearing Room- June 4, 2018
Certificate of Program Completion
5 days of program modules must be completed within a two year period and you must also successfully pass an in-class or online assessment in each module (format varies by program).
Space is strictly limited in each program to ensure an engaging learning experience. Delegates who have declared their intention to complete the Certificate (after completion of first module) will be given priority placement in subsequent modules.
This program is recommended for:
Graduates of the SOAR/Osgoode PD Certificate in Adjudication; OR
Those with two or more years of full time experience as an adjudicator, OR equivalent amount of experience as a part time adjudicator; OR
Senior tribunal staff, such as counsel, who work closely with adjudicators and would benefit from advanced training in adjudication.
- Lorne Sossin, Dean, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Voy Stelmaszynski, President, SOAR; Board Solicitor, Ontario Labour Relations Board
- Pamela Chapman, Legal Educator and Consultant [Former Vice-Chair Ontario Labour Relations Board; Member, Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario; Labour Arbitrator & Mediator]
Fee per Delegate
Advanced Decision Writing $1195 plus HST
Mediation for Adjudicators $695 plus HST/ $1195 plus HST for June 14 and 15
Effective Hearing Management $695 plus HST
Advanced Evidentiary Issues $695 plus HST
Administrative and Regulatory Decision Making $695 plus HST
Culturally Competent Adjudication $695 plus HST/$895 with workshop
Effective Communication in the Hearing Room $695 plus HST
Location: Osgoode Professional Development (OPD) Centre
1 Dundas St. W., 26th Floor Toronto, ON
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN through Osgoode PD. Click on the link below to register or to be placed on the wait list