Effective Decision Writing for Administrative Adjudicators
New for 2020!
Now offered as a joint program between SOAR and OsgoodePD – learn the fundamental skills involved in writing clear, concise and well-reasoned decisions.
EFFECTIVE DECISION WRITING FOR ADMINISTRATIVE ADJUDICATORS
March 25, 2020 - > Postponed to April 15, 2020
9:00am-4:00pm (online only)
Fee: $695 plus HST
Alongside one of Canada’s recognized leaders in Decision Writing, Pamela Chapman, a group of expert facilitators from the administrative justice community will lead small group discussions and provide individualized feedback. You will engage in practical writing exercises, and learn:
- The key components of clear, concise, well-reasoned decisions
- Core writing principles, including context and point-first writing
- Strategies for drafting effective introductions
- Powerful tips on decision structure and issue-driven organization
- Recent developments in the duty to give reasons
PLUS! You will obtain valuable resources including checklists, tip sheets, legal sources on sufficiency and sample decisions.
Register through Osgoode Professional Development here
1 Dundas Street, Suite 2600