Advanced Modules in SOAR OsgoodePD Certificate in Adjudication
A joint program of the Society of Ontario Adjudicators and Regulators (SOAR) and Osgoode Professional Development – the creators of acclaimed Certificate in Adjudication for Administrative Agencies, Boards & Tribunals – the Advanced Certificate in Adjudication will take your skills to the next level. The Advanced Certificate is designed to cover in-depth the key areas that experienced tribunal adjudicators have identified as essential to their professional development.
You must complete 5 full days within 2 years to earn the Advanced Certificate. The modular design of the Certificate – a mix of mandatory and elective modules – allows you to customize your learning and take programs in the precise areas that you need to develop.
- Advanced Administrative & Regulatory Decision Making – February 12, 2018
- Advanced Decision Writing - March 22 and 23, 2018
- Culturally Competent Adjudication & Adjudicating Human Rights Issues – April 16, 2018 (Optional Workshop April 17, 2018)
- Effective Communication in the Hearing Room- June 4, 2018
- Mediation for Adjudicators October 3 and 4, 2018
- Effective Hearing Management December 3 and 4, 2018
- Managing Evidentiary Challenges January 28, 2019
- Advanced Decision Writing April 25, 26, 2019
- Advanced Administrative & Regulatory Decision Making June 3, 2019
- Culturally Competent Adjudication and Adjudicating Human Rights Issues - to be determined
Certificate of Program Completion
5 days of program modules must be completed within a two year period and you must also successfully pass an in-class or online assessment in each module (format varies by program).
Space is strictly limited in each program to ensure an engaging learning experience. Delegates who have declared their intention to complete the Certificate (after completion of first module) will be given priority placement in subsequent modules.
This program is recommended for:
Graduates of the SOAR/Osgoode PD Certificate in Adjudication; OR
Those with two or more years of full time experience as an adjudicator, OR equivalent amount of experience as a part time adjudicator; OR
Senior tribunal staff, such as counsel, who work closely with adjudicators and would benefit from advanced training in adjudication.
- Lorne Sossin, Dean, Osgoode Hall Law School
- Heather Gibbs, President, SOAR; Manager of Legal Services, Environment and Land Tribunals Ontario
- Pamela Chapman, Legal Educator and Consultant [Former Vice-Chair Ontario Labour Relations Board; Member, Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario; Labour Arbitrator & Mediator]
Location: Downtown Toronto
REGISTRATION HERE through Osgoode PD website