ONTARIO PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS DISCIPLINE TRIBUNAL
Part-time Adjudicators (4-5 positions)
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario regulates the practice of medicine in Ontario. The College is enhancing its adjudication of professional discipline matters, establishing the Ontario Physicians and Surgeons Discipline Tribunal as its discipline committee and increasing the independence of the Tribunal from the College.
We are recruiting experienced adjudicators to chair hearing panels and conduct pre-hearing and case management conferences for the new Tribunal. The successful candidates will be recommended to the College’s council for appointment for an initial term of three years.
- at least five years of part-time or full-time experience as an adjudicator
- excellent hearing management, reason writing and mediation skills
- ability to clearly explain legal concepts and their application
- availability throughout the year for hearings and prompt continuations
- proficiency with technology, including virtual hearing platforms
- well-organized and attentive to detail
- strong interpersonal skills
- experience with professional regulation and/or health care is an asset
- ability to conduct hearings in French is an asset
To apply, email a cover letter, curriculum vitae and two decisions you have written to:
David A. Wright
Tribunal Director and Chair, Discipline Committee
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
80 College St.
Toronto, ON M5G 2E2
Please include “Adjudicator Application” in the subject line of your email. The deadline is April 14, 2021.
The Ontario Physicians and Surgeons Discipline Tribunal strives to reflect the diversity of the population of Ontario among its members. We especially welcome applications from members of equity-seeking groups. If you wish to request accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us.